Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bear Sighting

The gauges were showing that the streams in the Park were going to be high today - probably too high for good fishing - but I went anyway. What I found out when I got there was that the streams were too high for good fishing. Duh.

Photobucket

Even though the fishing stunk, I was treated to a fairly rare site, which more than made up for the lack of fish.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've only seen bears on about 3 or 4 other occasions in my hundreds of trips to the Park, and I've never seen one with such a small cub before. What a treat.

2 comments:

  1. SWEET stream. My kind of water and a great image. THANKS for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a few black bear encounters and they are always pretty special. Those are some great pics. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete