Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Tying Desk

I sometimes wonder why I spend most of tying time searching through piles of stuff for a certain package of feathers or hair. One look at the state of confusion that my tying desk is in tonight answers that question pretty quick! I never seem to be able to tie multiple flies of the same pattern, instead preferring to tie one of this and one of that. This inevitably leads to piles of dubbing, feathers and who knows what else cluttering my desk and can send me on a 10 minute search for the hackle pliers or the whip finishing tool.

I'm sure my Mom would be disgusted...

4 comments:

  1. Looks to me, a huge storage cabinet is in order. I also have a small shop vac near by. Keeps the Maribou under control.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Mark, I have a storage cabinet beside the desk but things just tend to end up all over the desk anyway. Marabou definitely get's everywhere, but I'm not sure it can compare to ram's wool as far as messes go. I've been tying wool head sculpins lately - the stuff is all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you got a great setup! A little organization is in your future. I like your blog and started following

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dustin, although I'm not sure "setup" is the word I would use to describe it.

    ReplyDelete